Thank you to everyone who has already given up some of their time to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of our beautiful cricket club over the winter and early spring months!
With the cricket season now just around the corner there are a few more bits and bobs that need to be completed before the first scheduled cricket match on Saturday 20th April.
We are are asking for as many club members and kind volunteers to give up a little bit of time to assist in preparing the club for the 2019 season.
What: ARPCC Ground Force Day (Part 2)
When: 10am - 6pm - Saturday 13th April 2019
We would really appreciate your help!
The small list of jobs to be done includes:
- Take rope from pavilion and put in position.
- Move sight screens into position and ensure they are correctly tightened.
- Assemble new barbecue.
- Assemble new picnic bench.
- Repair electronic score board and put in position.
- The score box area in pavilion needs old paint removing and then primed for top coat at later date.
- Stones in the newly seeded areas need picking up (behind pavilion and at bottom of the ground) to protect the mower blades.
- Covers to be checked for winter damage and gutters cleared and then moved to top of ground.
- White picket stand alone fences require cleaning and painting.
- New wood cladding needs to be fitted in rotten area above where scorers sit in pavilion. This should be primed ready for top coat at later date.
- Walk outer fence to check for holes. If there are any they need repairing to keep rabbits off the ground.
- Dig trench for power cable to supply electric for use of bowling machine in nets. Lay cable (must check we have cable). Reinstate the grass disturbed.
- Top coat the front and sides of pavilion.
- Relocate safe so the cupboard can be used to store bowing machines and to provide easier access for when the hot water supply is upgraded. Suggest we place in main pavilion and build a cupboard around to keep safe out of sight.
- Rolling and cutting required as directed by Brad Jefferies.
- Wipe down and clean and hoover pavilion/changing rooms/kitchen.
If you have any questions or could spare your time on a different day, please contact:
Russell Jones (Head Groundsman)
Mobile - 07904 637 405
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Darren Turner (Club Captain)
Mobile - 07747 271925
Email - email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there!
The Alcester & Ragley Park Cricket Club Committee